Thursday, June 12, 2008

If I wrote a book.....


If I wrote a book it might have the same title as the one you see in this picture. Or I could call mine "The BIG BOOK of Excuses!" Without boring you with a lot of details, I have finally broke the plateau and pushed through for a loss this week of 2.4 pounds. I really can't make any sense of it. One week your down, one week your not! Weight loss is funny in that you can do the same things over and over yet come out with very different results. I've decided that even when we weigh every week and we expect that we will have a continuing downward pattern that we really aren't in control. WHAT? I'm not in control? That's right, you can do everything right and still get on that scale and have it be disappointing. I've found in the past that giving up makes me the only loser, so while it has taken 4 or 5 weeks to get off of this plateau - the determination with a fair amount of whining has finally paid off. Watch out scale I'm back on track to reach that 100 pound goal.
For those who have been keeping track, my blood sugars are much improved. I'm starting to get my energy back and now if we could just get some consistency in the weather, I would do a little more yard work and maybe get back to my walking. Have a fabulous week everyone... My sister arrives tomorrow and we will be preparing for my yard sale.

4 comments:

A.S.K.-P. said...

CONGRATS MJ! Soo glad you are doing good. When is your yard sale? Enjoy your visit w/ your sis.

Hugs,
Amy

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

congrats!!!!
wow, do I wish I could buzz over for that garage sale!!!
love and miss ya!!!

Melisa Jo said...

The yard sale will be Saturday, June 21st.

Stacy B said...

I like your new layout...and you have a label cloud! Good for you for passing the plateau! I hope I can make it to your yard sale..once again, if I am not on a river I'll be there.