Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Right Direction!


Well, I bet you all thought I was skipping weigh-in last week, but that's just not true. I missed my first weigh-in since September 25th, not by choice! I had a meeting at 9:00am in Hermiston, so I had to skip the weigh-in. As some of you might have noticed my last weigh-in was very discouraging, I was up 4 pounds and really couldn't pinpoint what happened. Having 2 weeks before the next weigh-in made me take a look at some of the habits I was developing and I think with anything you get into a routine and eventually the habits evolve into something more than when you first started. I guess what that means for me is portion control. It has always been a battle for me. The 4 pound weight gain was a system check for me. I had to take a step back and figure out what had changed without me noticing. So for the last two weeks I've been eating more salad, veggies and fruits. I love them all, but I had gotten in such a routine with them, that I found myself bored with the foods I was eating, never feeling satisfied and therefore going back to the kitchen to find something more to eat. I went shopping in the fruits and vegetables to find something different to try, something that maybe I wouldn't ordinarily buy. I had fun with it and I think it's helping. I lost 4.8 pounds this week. So I got rid of the 4 pounds I gained two weeks ago and lost an additional .8 (almost another pound). This week I'm focusing on exercise again (and again and again). I just seem to fall out of that routine so fast and once you quit exercising it's ten times harder to get going again. So wish me luck on the exercise thing, it's a personal goal set for the week!!! I'll keep you posted.
Man it feels good to get back into this blogging thing. I missed sharing with all of you!

2 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

wow! that is awesome!
I have been getting bored with my food choices too! time to change things up!
I am sort of taking this week "off"....I am still counting....exercising some...but not as much....eating more.....I have been sick.....BUT only for this week.
I am so ready to get busy outside, enjoy spring before summer hits!
I will still weigh in! I am just adjusting my expectations I guess.
I am on a steroid right now....causes weight gain...

You are doing sooo awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Marvel-Oh-Lus said...

I love it when "down is up"! Way to go ... you are lookin' good.