Thursday, May 8, 2008

Food Allergies



Recently a friend told me she got the results back from her allergy test. While she always keeps an upbeat attitude, I could tell that she was kinda thinking...."What's Next" She was listing foods like flour, eggs, sugar, milk, soy, peanuts and bananas. Yikes, I take all this stuff for granted. Her son has food allergies too, he has pretty much grown up with it and I'm not sure if that's not better then finding out in your 30's that you have allergies to foods that you have loved for so many years. My sister has food allergies too and she was in her late 20's early 30's when she developed these allergies. While I'm thankful I don't have food allergies (ok I tell everyone I'm allergic to shellfish, but really I just don't like it) I think maybe I should pretend to be allergic to some foods to help me with my temptations. Maybe I could tell myself that I'm allergic to sugar and flour. I wonder if it would work? HUMMMMMMMMMMMM, probably not! So, to my friend, her son, my sister and all those with food allergies - my heart goes out to you. I'll be thinking of you as I make good food choices for myself, because while for different reasons we are avoiding some foods, we probably are faced with many of the same frustrations.

No comments: