Monday, February 11, 2008

Rags to Riches

20 reasons you too should have friends like mine.......

1) They will give up a weekend to help you paint and organize your scrapbook room
2) They will document the moment when you drop your 45 day old camera in the bucket of paint
3) They will boldly paint the ceiling
4) They will sit endlessly and sort eyelets, brads and other miscellaneous embellishments
5) They will bring Mardi Gras beads to make the event more festive
6) They will sort stickers, die cuts and ribbon
7) They will leave the carpet down and resist the temptation of exposing the hardwood floor
8) They will meet for breakfast on Saturday to kick start a very long day of organizing
9) They will assemble scrapbook furniture
10) They will wear silly outfits
11) They will haul boxes of STUFF to the basement
12) They will paint their favorite quote on the wall as a finishing touch to the room
13) They will conveniently have empty boxes in the back of the truck to help with the move
14) They will threaten you to make sure you never have a messy scrapbook room again
15) They will stay late at night to finish painting and put in a full day following
16) They will spend their weekend helping even though they have a long-time friend unexpectedly fly in for the weekend as a surprise
17) They won't complain when they get a bowl of soup and some chips as payment for their hard work (some didn't even get that)
18) They will allow you to have a couple of bags of stuff that can be easily transported, rather than having 100% of everything sorted into 1 location
19) They will laugh with you or at you, just depending on the moment
20) They will still be your friend after spending an entire weekend with a stressed out, unorganzied, somewhat cranky ME!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. You're the BEST!









8 comments:

Renee' said...

I hope you left room for me to write on the wall and that they didn't hog it all!
What a fun weekend. I enjoyed it all, even harassing you about your mess. Of course I have no messes at my house, no sireeeeeeeee. Just misplaced piles of stuff here and there. I can't wait for your "Open House"

Ruth said...

AWESOME room Melisa.

Stacy B said...

Sorry I had to bag out early, I am still fighting this dang cold! It was tons of fun with tons of stuff! Looks great! Someday.....I'll be ready to make a craft room for my very own 1/2 inch of paper!

Lindsay said...

LOVE it!! Glad Ian could help :)

Happy Scrapping friend!!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

I haven't had that much fun in SOOO LONG!!! I fell in love with you and your entire group of friends! I am typing lots of posts and soon as I add the pics they are going up!!!!
WAY TO GO ON THE WW!!!!!
WOW!

Ronda said...

Ahhh...the joys of memories that were made...some to laugh about, one to cry about and then some only fit into the "Renee" category! It is a happy space where the creativity will flow! Happy Scrappin!

Ronda said...

I like your choice of colors for your blog...to match your room!

Anonymous said...

I love this room. Can I borrow your friends? Wow.