Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ode to Blue Camera



The plan was to paint the scrapbook room
Little did we know there would be doom

Documenting the moments with my blue camera, brand new
Renee painting the edges and Stacy rolling on paint too

Ronda delicately painting with her brush and
Beth sharing surgergy stories, none of us in a rush

Melisa turns, bends down to grab a rag
Strangely enough something falls from her pocket, but not a tag

This next part is not for the weak, as you might just faint
My camera took a swim in a gallon of paint

Quickly I grab the camera strap
But it is too late, the camera is chocolate brown, oh crap

I hand the camera to Beth as it is dripping wet
Ronda scurries to get her camera, afterall we don't want the paint to set

A few shots are taken of this chocolate covered mess
Then I take it to the sink, ruined I guess

I began wiping it off as if maybe there will be hope
But I soon realize - NOPE

A Christmas present from my Mom with much need and want
Is now a hunk of metal, with memories that are sure to haunt

What was once a functional scrapbooker's toy
Is now a gummed up mess, giving absolutely no joy

So ladies be careful, hold your cameras close to your heart
I'm going to Wal-Mart to put a new camera in my cart

5 comments:

A.S.K.-P. said...

LOL, great poem MJ! ONLY you (and me)!

Stacy B said...

Excellent! Where is the picture! You need to post the pictures. It's probably in Canada with Ronda. Darn!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

Well, if it is any consolation, wer all are able to tell this story over and over and get great reactions!!!

Trini said...

I sure hope you got yourself a dandy camera! So sorry you had to experience the shock of losing your camera in a bucket of brown paint! I, too, would love to see the photos though! Ha! See ya tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

The best story ever!!!