Thursday, February 21, 2008

Inspiration

I had to go to Salem last week for a couple of days of training. It's been a while since I've made that trip and there were several people there I know through work and mutual meetings that we attend. In the evening a group of us decided to meet at Olive Garden for dinner (I had to bank a few Weight Watchers points for that one). We had about 30 minutes to wait and so we were all standing around in the lobby area when some more people came that we knew from the training. One of the ladies came up to me and complimented me on my weight loss. She said she didn't recognize me until I spoke and then realized that it was me. WoW, didn't recognize me - I think that's a first. It made me feel good and inspired me to continue on my journey.

Then just yesterday I had a scrapbook friend tell me that she has been reading my blog and I have inspired her to get back on her Weight Watchers plan. Me, inspire someone? Again, my only thought was "WoW".

I can honestly say that sharing this weight loss journey with my family and friends is making it so much easier for me. I have always had the love and support of family and friends; encouragement and reassurance that I have the strength to overcome this weakness in my life. I know this battle would be a 100X harder if it weren't for my circle of supporters. THANKS!

So, drum roll please....... I lost 3 pounds this week........ WoW!

5 comments:

A.S.K.-P. said...

ANOTHER 3 pounds!
WOOHOO MJ!
GREAT job my friend!
You are doing SOO GREAT!
I know all about how much different support from friends makes. Thanks SOO MUCH for all that you have given me. I hope you know how much I appreciate it.

You KEEP IT UP my friend! You are doing GREAT!

GB Hugs,
Ames

cassandra said...

Yeah you hit your goal! WOW to you!

I did go weigh in tonight and started back up. Thanks for all the inspiration and the example that it can be done!!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

wooo hoo! isn't is fun!!!???
You are amazing!
You so inspire me too!
Hey, that gumbo is 6 points for 1/4 of the recipe. Enjoy!
I am sad that all the leftovers are gone! Time to try a new recipe now!

Love you!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

I need your email....mine is:
queenoscrap@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

So cool.. so proud of you.