Thursday, December 27, 2007

Travel Checklist

1) Buddy dog, complete with dog blanket, water dish, water and treats
2) Sunflower seeds with a plastic cup and lid to spit shells
3) Cell phone and charger
4) Mints.... after a while you can't eat any more sunflower seeds because your mouth is raw
5) At least one stop at a Taco John's (more if you can squeeze them in)
6) Cooler with bottled water and diet Coke
7) Snacks (a sandwich, crackers and string cheese)
8) Music -I usually try to have at least one new CD to listen to, but always shuffle back to the oldies but goodies.
9) Heated seats so that Buddy dog and I can stay warm as we travel North (-20 when we got home on Friday night)
10) Scoop shovel - my brother-in-law gave me a scoop shovel just in case I get stuck. I carry it hoping I never have to use it
11) Warm coat, boots, hat, gloves
12) Garbage sack so I can throw things out at the next stop and keep the car somewhat tidy

I don't know about you, but I've made enough trips to Montana that I am completely in a routine. Everything has its place in the car, easily accessible so that I can reach everything while driving. Buddy has the whole back seat, but prefers to sit in the front next to me.

Buddy traveled especially well this trip. He used his new blanket from Aunt Karen to keep warm as we went from 40 to -20 in about 80 miles. It was a crisp, bright night as we had a full moon or near full moon to travel by.

2 comments:

Stacy B said...

I can't believe it was that cold up there. It didn't get below 25 in Gt. Falls. Glad you had a safe trip. See you sledding!

A.S.K.-P. said...

Soo glad you got to go home & enjoy your family on Christmas. Hope you have a GREAT 2008 Mel.

Miss Ya!
Hugs,
Amy