Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More Montana Memories

Everyday I would torture (the children's word, not mine) the kids and make them go with me to do a photo shoot (need pictures for the calendar you know). It was amazing to me how the girls would pose nice and smile, but the days when I could grab "the boy" for a few shots I got the silly, fun and spontaneous pictures. I LOVED IT, except when I really did want just one posed picture of the three of them, that didn't go so well.


It was just fun to let them climb and pose and do whatever they wanted. I just kept taking pictures. I know for some of you that comes naturally, but I came from the family where pictures were taken around the dinner table at each birthday party. Cameras weren't considered a part of everyday life. When I actually break from the "family norm", I get some really fun pictures and memories too.

The picture above makes me laugh everytime I see it. I can hear Will saying, "Aunt Jo, hurry take a picture of my "man bridge"!" With his voice changing and cracking, it was just funny to me.


I was trying to get the whole picture, but just as I snapped the shot, Spike (Mom and Dad's dog) jumped off. They were quite a site, the three of them riding out to the highway to get the mail.

Dakotah "hammed" it up a little when she jumped on Grammi's toy tractor and tried to ride it around the carport.

See, when it was just the girls, they posed and smiled. These were fun too, as Saige would dream up the next pose and Dakotah and I would tag along for fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your Montana stories and pics!!

Suzie said...

Love those fall pictures in Montana. Visiting with family is always fun! You did a great job with your candid pictures!