Thursday, March 6, 2008


Well the ol' weigh-in didn't go so well this week. I'm up 1.8 pounds! I guess my walk in the park yesterday wasn't long enough. Smile.

Weight Watchers offers two kinds of plans, a the flex plan and the core plan. I've never tried the core plan for any length of time, mainly because my lifestyle doesn't easily allow for such restriction or should I say discipline. For example, I have two lunch meetings this week and while I'm getting pretty good about making good choices off of the menu - I don't really think it's feasible to think that I could stick to the core plan diet for an entire week.

However, that being said I think that's what I need to do. I think it might be the jump start I need to get back on track. I feel myself slowly slipping back to old habits. It is so easy to fall back into old patterns. A little margarine on the muffin when before I've been completely satisfied without the margarine or drinking a diet coke before you have your water in for the day or my all time favorite - 1 bad day, 1 good day - it will all even out; even though I know that is not logical, I find myself thinking that way.

This blog is good for one thing if nothing else - true confessions. My weight gain is self-inflicted, I know that and having to put it on this blog is painful, but I'm guessing that next week I'll have a whole different post because I'm truly not having any fun posting my results this week.

Moving on, forgiving the bad choices from last week and making today the start of a new week! If anyone out there has been struggling with their goals this past week, don't fear, you are not alone.

1 comment:

Marvel-Oh-Lus said...

Hey MJ,
Your weight loss to-date is amazing and i know one week won't get you down! Thanks for sharing your incredible journey with us all...and it IS inspiring and even brought about a rare spontaneous Don-hug!!! Keep on truckin'!
p.s. the lasagna recipe makes me wanna bake ...well maybe. hehe :)