Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Healthy Heart Lasagna

So a very, very long time ago I promised a friend that I would share my recipe for Healthy Heart Lasagna. I got this recipe when I was going to a nutritionist for weight loss. Since that time I have calculated the points for this recipe. There are 6 points/serving. The recipe makes 10 servings. These are healthy portion sizes and so it makes you think you are getting away with something. Enjoy!

Healthy Heart Lasagna

6 oz ground beef, very lean
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic - minced

Brown the above ingredients and drain off all fat.
Stir in:
1-16 oz tomato sauce
2- 8 oz mushrooms (fresh can be used)
2 tsp. basil

Cook according to directions 8 oz lasagna noodles

Mix together the following and set aside:
2 eggs, beaten
2 c. cottage cheese
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
2 T parsley

Thaw 10 oz of frozen chopped spinach. Squeeze out excess liquid and moisture using paper towels. You want to make sure you have this well drained.

Shred 12 oz mozzarella cheese.

Layer ingredients in this order.

1/2 noodles
1/2 cottage cheese mixture
1/2 spinach
1/2 cheese
1/2 meat mixture

Repeat. Top with 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
Let stand 10 minutes.


3 comments:

A.S.K.-P. said...

Thanks for sharing this MJ. It sounds YUMMY!

Go check my blog!

Thank You BUNCHES & Hugs!

Renee' said...

Instead of writing the recipe down, I had a "thunk" could you just whip me up a batch please. I never was very good at following or reading directions.

sueellieslife said...

Oh my gosh, just saw your post, or should I say, I just took the time to sit and read it and thanks so much for the recipe! I will make it as soon as I can get to the store and get all the goodies. Thanks so much and keep up the great job on your wieght loss plans!! Good for you, for doing something good for you!!!!