Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas in Montana

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. I sure did. I left on Friday, December 21st, drove all day to get to my Mom and Dad's place. The rest of the family that had to travel came on Saturday. We had Christmas Eve at my Aunt's house just like we have always done for all of my years. It was fun. We exchanged gifts among aunts, uncles, cousins and more cousins. Just 23 of us this year, but we managed to fill the back room when it came time to exchange gifts.
Deanna and Terry live close by and that's were I stayed this Christmas vacation. Deanna had my room all ready, complete with two beds and two heated blankets. I always had one kid with me when it came time to head to the "homestead" (the name we have given Deanna and Terry's - not really the homestead, but as with any nickname, it stuck).
Christmas is never the same when the kids aren't there. This year everyone was home. The first thing Dakotah showed me was her driver's license. I even let her chauffeur me around a bit - that was nice. Will got his electric guitar that he has been itching to have for quite some time. I don't think I've ever seen him speechless, but that did it. He was so proud of it and eager to learn his first three chords. Saige never stops entertaining us either with her quick wit or her smiling face. Just a few times we had to ask her to turn her frown upside down. Joining the picture this year is Saige's new doll, named Sam (it's a "my twin doll").
OK, so in order for everyone to cooperate while getting their picture with my NEW camera, I had to smile for the camera as well. Buddy wouldn't look at the camera so he got cropped out.

1 comment:

A.S.K.-P. said...

You are lookin' GREAT woman!