Wednesday, October 24, 2007

How blessed......

There is nothing like going "home" for a visit. The first thing I wanted to do was take a walk. I walked to the river, through my Dad's alfalfa fields and back around to the driveway leading to my parents home. It's the same path I would take when I lived at home. I always had a dog or two with me or my bum lambs and maybe a cat or three. I never walked alone...

This trip was so needed and I so enjoyed my time with family. I'm so blessed to have a family as great as mine. I love coming back to Pendleton too, as I have so many great friends. I'm just one lucky gal.
The alfalfa was so beautiful, but Buddy didn't think so as he tried to walk through it with his short legs. This was toward the end of our walk and the poor little guy was getting pretty tired. We had to stop and rest a couple of times, which made for good photo opportunities.
Spike, my Mom and Dad's new puppy went with me every day, just to torment Buddy I'm sure. He went twice as far because be ran back and forth between Buddy and I. On this particular day we couldn't get him to hold still for a picture until we put him on top of a round hay bale. Then he sat there wondering how he was going to get down. Will climbed up there to just to make sure Spike didn't take a flying leap off the bale.
It's easy to get a picture when the dogs are getting tired. Believe me, it wasn't easy getting any cooperation out of the puppy. On this particular day, it was a little windy and cloudy, but still made for some beautiful pictures of fall.
This road leads into my Mom and Dad's place. Off to the far left you can see the shop, which in is in the yard behind their house. I remember all the times my sister Shawna and I would walk this road, whether it was after school or during the summer when we walked all over the place playing.

1 comment:

A.S.K.-P. said...

It sounds like you had a GREAT time Mel. I'm soo happy that you got this time. It made ME feel good just reading your post & seeing your pics.

GB Hugs,
Ames