Thursday, April 3, 2008

Food vs Weight Loss


I've been pretty lazy with my weight loss posts. Last week my family was here and I just didn't get around to posting my .2 weight loss. Today I weighed and I've lost another 3.4 pounds. Hooray!
I'm now 15 pounds from my 100 pound weight loss goal. It feels great and I feel great. I'm getting excited about getting so close to this major milestone. I'm trying on new-old clothes and digging out new clothes that have never had the tags off. I'm excited to be so close to such an awesome goal. My one year mark is also coming up - May 1st! While it would be nice to have lost 100 in 1 year, I'm going to be happy regardless. Besides I'll have a reason to celebrate both my 1 year anniversary and my 100 pound weight loss if they don't happen at the same time.
I've noticed that even though I've been successful so far with my weight loss challenge, I still could make better food choices. Now that spring is arriving (not counting last weekend's cold spell) I'm getting hungry for all those wonderful fresh vegetables and well maybe some fruit too. It's amazing what a little sunshine will do for a person. It changes their whole outlook and it energizes a person. I forgot how the sun makes me feel until spring comes back around.
I have exactly 4 weeks..... Keep coming back and checking my progress and once again thank you everyone for your support. You just don't know how much it means to me!!!!

5 comments:

A.S.K.-P. said...

I am SOO happy for you MJ! You have done GREAT! I am VERY proud of you! Your success inspires me & keeps me on track. You WILL reach those goals! Until then, CONGRATS for all that you have already achieved!!!

GB Hugs!

cassandra said...

YEAH!!!!
So excited for you. I know you can do it. I have 100 lbs to lose and thanks to your inspiration to get myself on track I am now down 8.6 lbs. I just keep looking at it in small amounts and 1 lb at a time. Can't wait to see you.

Ronda said...

You know I am one of your biggest fans! Keep it up! I know you can do it!

Renee' said...

Forget "Biggest Loser" I think you win. Who needs Jillian and Bob, (okay, I would love to have them at my beck and call) but you have done such an awesome job. I am ready to declare war on this body of mine. It just can't stretch anymore. Enough is enough.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

woohooo!!!!! You are so awesome!!!!