Thursday, January 24, 2008

Maybe next week?

So, have you ever been so close to a goal that you just know this is going to be the week you will achieve it? Well, that's what I thought and I thought wrong. I wanted to lose 1.4 pounds this week, which would put me at a personal goal I set for myself but it wasn't meant to be this week, I lost 1 pound. I'm not discouraged, which is kinda funny because for 2 weeks now I've been thinking "I'll make it this week" and well for 2 weeks I didn't, so........................I'll just keep thinking "I'll make it this week" and wait until next week to see if I actually achieve this small but rather significant goal of mine. If nothing, this makes me all the more determined to keep on keepin' on. My friend Renee (and who knows where she came up with it) said, "If I have to start stripping off clothes next week to make the scale go down, I'm doin' it - one piece at a time until the number drops!" We both laughed, knowing that she might just do it and that everything will freeze over before I do that!

Well until next week - that's the update.

3 comments:

Renee' said...

There is no "might" about it. I am tired of that blasted scale lying to me week after week. Stripping is perfectly legal, and if they don't like it, well, they don't have to watch........

Stacy B said...

Is there a time of day that is better to stand on the scale? I figure if I weigh myself in the morning it'll be better than in the evening after a day of eating :o)

A.S.K.-P. said...

Yeah, we KNOW Renee and we KNOW she WILL do it!

Keeping with the 'Will Do It!' theme...You WILL DO IT Mel!