Friday, January 11, 2008

IT CLICKED!


Well, it's my sixteenth week with weight watchers (since I last joined). Little did I know that when you stick with it for 16 weeks you get a little prize. I now have two charms, but still don't have my keychain. Maybe next week!!!
I lost 3.6 pounds this week. This is the first weigh in since my new goal of 25 pounds off by Easter. It's kinda funny. I'm working toward my ultimate weight loss goal, but it seems different this time. I don't get frustrated when I don't lose. I don't beat myself up if I eat more than I intended. I don't even talk myself out of weighing in (something I was famous for in the past). At weigh in this week I was telling the WW counselor that it just seems different this time and as I was saying this I looked over at her and she got this big grin on her face and said, "It clicked!". I guess she's right. Everything is clicking and I'm moviated more than ever.
Looking down the road I think it's probably going to take me years (let's hope no more than 3) to get down to my goal weight. But instead of being discouraged by it, I'm excited by it. I've been overweight my entire life (yes all 40 of them) and now I feel excited to think that I might be at my goal weight in 2-3 years! I'm taking one day at a time; I have a very supportive group of family and friends, which always makes this easier; and let's face it this is a lifestyle change, not a diet!
Well, onward and upward. Until next week........

7 comments:

Ronda said...

Yea, yea, hurray for you!
May it continue to "click" in the weeks, months and years to come!

Cindy said...

Hey Melisa,
Heard from De and she told me how to get on here. Sounds like you are off to a great start with your loss! YOU GO GIRL! Looks like you had a great 40th too. I can speak from experience, it only gets better from here =o) Take Care!
Cindy "Murphy" O'Neill

A.S.K.-P. said...

69.9 PONDS?! Yeah, I guess it clicked! You are doing GREAT MJ! I'm SOO PROUD OF YOU! You CAN & WILL DO THIS! Again, I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU! Keep it up!

GB Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Way to go Melisa, I'm behind you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Melisa, I'm behind you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Melisa, I'm behind you!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

Amen, sister!