Thursday, January 3, 2008

I have a challenge for you........


Most of us have a bad taste in our mouth for those New Year's resolutions. Maybe you've thrown your hands in the air and said, "No more resolutions, why disappoint myself?". Well, I'm challenging you to set a goal, something you can achieve in the next 24 hours. Sounds silly? Well, maybe it is, but I bet you can find something that you have been wanting to accomplish, yet you keep putting it off. Even when you know it would only take you a couple of hours or an evening to achieve.

I'm a big believer of resolutions. Can't say that I've had great success, but there's always something in me that wants to set a goal and work toward achieving it. At times I have made unrealistic goals, doomed for failure before I even got out of the gate. Other years I attempted small goals, giving myself a month to achieve it and then setting the next goal for the next month. It was a great concept and looking back I probably did better with that strategy than any other.

As most of you know I've been posting my weight loss progress on my blog. Well, it's time to set a new goal. I didn't meet my first goal, (lose 10% of my body weight by the time I turned 40) but I was only 3.4 pounds shy. I'm not disappointed, only more determined that I can achieve my goals, just a little more hard work and determination.

So, my next weight loss goal is set for 25 pounds by Easter Sunday - March 23, 2008! I weighed in today to get my starting weight (for the record I lost .2 pounds for the week). It doesn't seem like a big goal, but considering I lost 66 pounds in 2007 - I think this might be a goal I can achieve, but with some work.

So, remember.... I'm challenging you to set a goal, something that can be achieved in 24 hours. Let me know how it goes. Post your results so everyone can share. My 24 hour goal is to clean my kitchen. No more stuff sitting on the floor in the corner, clean dishes put away in the cupboard and everything wiped down. I'll let you know tomorrow, how it went!

3 comments:

Stacy B said...

Melisa! You read my mind. Last night on my walk I was thinking of setting a goal for the year instead of a resolution. WOW! I need to think but will post my goal soon.

Melisa Jo said...

Well ladies, I did it. I accomplished the task of the kitchen. Tonight I'm going to finish my sister's calendar for her birthday next week and clean up and put away everything I have managed to drag out in relation to the creation of 2008 calnedars. It has taken over my living room for much of December and now January.

Renee' said...

Holy Freakazoid! Now I have to set a goal and stick with it. All my goals have gone out the window lately.
I think I will say....no more bras. That is a good goal, and panties are optional. I think I can reach that goal. Do I need to think deeper than that?