Friday, August 31, 2007

August Ends - Bring on Fall


OK, so as far as I'm concerned summer can come to an end. I'm tired of hot, even though I have to say I really didn't begin to complain until this past week. I'm ready for the colors of fall and the brisk air. I know I don't have the same opinion as many of you when it comes to old Mr. Sun, but aren't the sun bunnies ready for a change?


Can't really explain my love for fall. It's always been my favorite season. It's colorful, the air is brisk and the leaves crunch when you walk through them. I can remember taking long walks on my Mom and Dad's place in the fall. The big cottonwood trees would drop huge golden brown leaves. Sometimes I could find places where the leaves were 3 or 4 feet deep. My sister and I would walk along the river and as you looked down the river bank you could see all the colors of fall...red, orange and yellow with a hint of summer green peeking through. It all sounds delightful.

If I were to scrapbook all the pictures I've taken during fall season, I could fill 5 or more albums. Fall inspires me. It makes me want to set new goals and it makes me want to start something new. Kinda weird since fall is suppose to be the beginning of the end of the four seasons....but there's just something about that cool air.


So, all you summer lovers out there......enjoy your remaining days cause I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of fall!!!!!

6 comments:

Stacy B said...

Excellent pictures, Melisa. I can't believe it's already fall. Hope to see you soon.

Lindsay said...

cool pictures - where were they taken?
happy "almost" fall to you :)

Renee' said...

Well, you know I am a SUMMER girl! But the pictures you posted are quite breath-taking. I am going to miss all the sunshine and lazy days of summer. It just won't be the same burning fat in the back yard with the leaves falling down on me. I better get a water heater for Chelsea's pool I guess.

Melisa Jo said...

Hey guys. I took the fall pictures somewhere in Idaho about 15 to 20 years ago. Some of my favorites. The summer pic - well I just stole it from google images. :)

A.S.K.-P. said...

OMG Mel! These pics are BEAUTIFUL!
I'm with you when it comes to Fall. I LOVE it!

Re: the comment you left on my blog...you uninspired? YOU?! NO WAY!

Hope things are going good.

Miss You,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking shots, girl. I love fall colors too! I would have a hard time choosing between Fall and Spring. We're going to Colorado this month to catch the bright yellow aspens!