Friday, June 22, 2007

Chewing Gum


So, a friend of mine asked me if I had a piece of gum they could have and that got me to thinkin' (I know - scary!)

I like gum. I even like to buy gum. Especially when the package reads "NEW or NEW and IMPROVED or more flavor, lasts longer". Any of those advertising gimmicks work on me when it comes to gum. Then I get home, I throw the gum in my "junk" drawer and forget that I have it. I never have gum when I want it.

Regardless of what you might think, gum doesn't last forever. For example, when it gets stuck in a drawer and forgotten about it has a tendency to harden - what's that all about.

So, anyway I was thinking about all of you - where do you stand on the whole chewing gum topic? Just for fun tell me what is your favorite kind of gum? Are you one of those people that chew gum everyday? Or maybe you don't chew gum at all. I'm looking forward to the posts. I sure some of you have some very funny habits when it comes to chewing gum.

Happy Friday Everyone.

5 comments:

CathyB said...

Hey, I like to chew gum! Lorabeth tells me i am too noisy when i chew, and Amy tells her to plug her ears. When I saw the bemans, it remind me of my uncle that lived here in Pendleton, and we would come and visit him. It has a very distitive smell, and i could always knew when he was around. Well I am off to bed...big day tomorrow.. VACATION!!
Later, CathyB

Suzie said...

I love gum. I chew it to cut the cotton mouth in the mornings when I go walking - and use Stride gum (yeah I know - punny)

My favorite mint gum is Eclipse. It's so strong and minty! I use this gum to cut my cravings for food because you can't taste anything after you start chewing it. I also chew this when I'm driving in the car (love the 60 ct car pack! - the gum hasn't melted yet)

My favorite bubble gum is either Double Bubble or gum found in the Cherry Charm Blow Pop.

A.S.K.-P. said...

Only you MJ! LOL

I don't chew gum alot but when I do my fav is Big Red! LOVE hot cinnamon flavor!

Hope you're having a good weekend.

GB Hugs,
"Ames"

Ruth said...

I chew gum sometimes but can only chew 1/2 stick because I have TMJ. Mostly I carry the gum for all the grandkids who always ask "Grandma, got some gum?" I also remember the Beemans as well as black jack gum from my childhood but ... my all time favorite was (and would still be if I could chew it without having a headache for a month) bozka bubble gum!

Ruth

P.S. thanks for the great day of creating!

Trini said...

I love Wrigley's Extra Wintergreen gum...chew it all the time. As far as bubble gum goes...I used to chew Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum! It was great. My daughter always used to chew WATERMELON gum when we were in the car. It always made me sick...kinda would stink! She would blow the aroma in my face and laugh so hard! She still does!! Darn kids!